A recently new love of mine is combining stamps. Mostly I do that with sentiments and borders. Take one sentiment and add another to it, to create a whole new meaning.
In this case, I used only a part of a sentiment and than added another, as you can plainly see by the different font used.
Here is my spring card:
These are the challenges it's entered:
AUD Sentiment - Anything goes
Karen's Doodles - Lots of layers
Aly's - Baker's twine
Ann's Ceative Nook - Anything goes with technique
Cupcake Inspiration - Photo inspiration
Pile it on - Smells like rubber
Stamptacular - Magnolia-licious
Sunday Stamp & Sketch - Sketch
Kaboodle Doodle - Spring/Easter
The Pink Elephant - color combo
Here's how I made it:
1. Choose your papers and cut them to size:
In my case - the blue background paper is 14 X 11 cm (5.5" X 4.3")
The yellow paper is 9.5 X 6 cm (3.7" X 2.4")
2. Choose your image, stamp it, color it, and cut a rectangle around it. Round the corners and distress around the edges.
3. Choose a third paper for the punched border. Punch the border and cut it to be 2.5 cm wide (1")
4. Stamp your sentiment. Mine is composed from two different stamps. Draw a circle around it, cut and distress.
5. With very sharp scissors cut small lines all around the circle
6. Now we put it all together - Unglued - just to see what it looks like. This is the time to make any changes you want.
7. I liked my result, and especially the circle being inserted underneath the other papers a little bit. So I held it firmly in place with one finger, while taking off everything else, and then marked the place with a pencil:
8. Adding glue to the middle of the circle (careful not to glue the little slits we cut earlier), and glue it in place.
9. Put glue on the yellow paper (the smaller one) and glue it in place, covering a bit of the circleed sentiment.
10. Add glue to the punched border, and glue it on top of the yellow paper. Make sure both tops are aligned. Cut off any excess of the border.
11. Add tiny dots of glue along the punched border - where you'll want your string to be.
12. Attach your string and hold it in place for a few minutes, so it would stick.
13. Glue your colored stamped image on top
14. Now tuck the edges of the string to the back side, and glue them there for a cleaner look
15. Almost done... Now fold up the tiny slits around the circle - where you an see them
16. And add glitter or dimention glue (or both) to those red shoes. I wanted to make them seem like lacquared shoes.
Now you're done. Glue your card on top of a folded card.